Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You are Unique




I'm volunteering for to be proof reader for any new books that would be sold in the counter - which mean I would get free copies of books and should tell people which one is good and which one is not.

So, I'm reading this new book titled: God is my Coach, by Larry Julian (the writer of God Is My CEO).

I came across an interesting point yesterday (I did speed reading - so fast, but this paragraph was stuck in in my brain and stayed for the whole nite until this morning). So, I pick up the book again...and re-read it slowly...

Boy ... o ...boy... I was captured!!

Larry said something like this:
May be one of the reasons of our dissatisfaction was rooted in the fact that we are not working in position which qualification doesn't fit with our unique gifts. Are we trying to push and fit the uniqueness that God has given and inspired - so it fit with God's purposes for our lives - into something that God has never intended for us? are we a duck that tries so hard to become a lamb?

And then he quoted what Rosalind Cook said (btw, Rosalind is a homemaker, a teacher for the blinds, mother of three - her hobby pottery and makes statues/arts object from brass, etc. Never pursuing her passion because afraid that she would not be ministering to God - karena bikin patung gak ada hubungannya dengan manusia and 'jiwa-jiwa' - she waited until she got an understanding when she was 41 yrs old. At the age of 42, she explore her passion with full effort, and sold that work of art in an instant. Today her works is in sold in many parts of the world.) :
"My artwork is a celebration of life and the Creator. My artworks give me a chance to motivate and inspire people to let themselves to DREAM. If you delight yourself in God (in what He has given you, meaning your unique talents and giftings), He shall give you the desires of your heart - because it is Him that has placed those desires within your heart! Don't ignore His prompting in your heart to do something.; because that would mean you are telling God that whatever He has put in your life is of NO importance. Pursue what gives you pleasure and satisfaction, and you will never deny how meaningful it is what God has done through you."

I never seen Ps. 37:4 from this angle before. I always thought, delighting yourself in God means, taking His words to your heart, believing it. But then...delighting myself, celebrating the fact that God made me the way He made me, with all my unique talents, passion for writing is ...something else.

Whoa...I got it now. ...

3 comments:

Vie said...

"I would get free copies of books"

Gosh, I am so jealous of you. :P

"Don't ignore His prompting in your heart to do something.; because that would mean you are telling God that whatever He has put in your life is of NO importance."

I am so with this statement. :)

Thanks for reviewing, Ps. :D

Unknown said...

Ps...so it is with you starting to write again ya...? hahaha... thanks for this one!!!

"Pursue what gives you pleasure and satisfaction, and you will never deny how meaningful it is what God has done through you"

yes i will...!! ^____^

Unknown said...

Ps...so it is with you starting to write again ya...? hahaha... thanks for this one!!!

"Pursue what gives you pleasure and satisfaction, and you will never deny how meaningful it is what God has done through you"

yes i will...!! ^____^