Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Lucky I'm in love with my Best friend




I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ooh ooh ooh..


That's the chorus of the famous song by Jason Mraz, Lucky.

As I enjoyed the beat of the music and hummed the melody, a thought crossed my mind.

"To be able to be in love with your best friend"...would it mean, you ought to be friends first before hastily offer your heart to someone?

I met lots of broken hearted girls and guys... and some are my close ones. Too many times, it was a love at first impression or I should say a short time fling, where people got emotionally entangled and think that it must have been love. Then, too often too soon, they offer the sacred words... I love you (the words almost drainned to it's core and loose the truest meaning of it).

Words like 'I love you' becomes so cheap and easy to hear. Hearts are easy presents we toss and shift, like it's nothing.

Ah...

The shock of your life comes when your eyes finally open and reality come to being. The person you thought was 'the' one turns out to be a total disappointment. You haven't figure out all the other facets of this human being now you sorrily call your 'boyfriend' or 'girlfriend'.

Well... at the end, people would say ..."It doesn't work out. Can't we just be friends now?"

No comments: