Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

A pen of a ready writer


"My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king:
my tongue is
the pen of a ready writer."
Psalm 45:1

I was up way so early this morning (I did plan on getting up early) to get things done. While doing these things I did plan to do, I remember my sister's comment on a blog she visited few days ago. So, I thought I'd checked it out.

And then to my amazement, I read all these posting - done by a girl... barely known... - and I truly love her writings, so authentic, down to earth... originale...!

I've been thinking through about these 'writing' stuffs lately. The 'why' behind the writings.

And here's what I found, to write is not something we do just for the sake of fun. I remember the days when I was so moved by the writings of Leonard Ravenhill, Oswald Chambers and the many great men of God of the past. There are something in those writings that are alive. You can still feel their hot burning passion as you read and re-read their writings. These are not ordinary writings.

Their writings have moved and shape a generation and alter the course of history. Amazing!

So, with this thoughts in mind, I surrender myself to the hand of God, may He uses me as His pen to write things He wanted, messages He tucked deep within my heart. As He said, I only need to be a 'ready' writer. No need to be skillful first. He'll shape and polish my skill as I go along hand in hand with Him. May the writings of this pen makes similar impacts as those writings of old, penetrating society and culture, touching the heart of people, ... even one soul at a time.

1 comment:

Vie said...

I am SO with you, Ps. Writing has been my hobby since I was little and as I continued on writing, I realized that I can write not just for myself. I can write with a purpose, for others, to bless people and to inspire myself. So I began writing things based on my everyday experiences & managed to present it in a fun & entertaining way *just like another fun writers do, except with a purpose*
Writing to bless many ppl has always been my dream too