Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Come to ME..."


The word strucked me as I read it from Max Lucado book this morning. I've read it millions time, I thought. But this time it brought back a fresh insight to me.
It's sounded more like a personal invitation to come closer and be intimate with a person rather than various activities, we mistakenly thought all these times.
Getting more active and be involve with tons of events and works are not the solution to a weary soul.
I picture a ship, battered and tossed to and fro in the midst of a high sea...weary, tired...
So, I readily accept this invitation to come to the One harbour where I can rest my weary and battered ship, and in Him- in Him alone, I'll find my rest...

O love that wilt not let me go, I rest my weary soul in thee I give thee back the life I owe That in Thine ocean depths its flow May richer, fuller be. O light that foll'west all my way, I yield my flick'ring torch to thee; My heart restores its borrowed ray, That in thy sunshine's blaze its day May brighter, fairer be. O Joy that seekest me through pain, I cannot close my heart to thee I trace the rainbow through the rain, And feel the promise is not vain, That morn shall tearless be. O Cross that liftest up my head, I dare not ask to fly from thee; I lay in dust life's glory dead, And from the ground there blossoms red Life that shall endless be.

1 comment:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!